Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 29, 2009

Philly is my boyfriend

Sometimes he pisses me off. We fight at times. Knock down, drag out, brutal fights. I'll leave. But I always come back. Because he understands me. Comforts me. Makes me feel normal. But don't get it twisted. He ain't perfect.

Philly is flawed.
Not the most attractive, not the cleanest, often violent, not the most tolerant But what it does do right? I cant run from.

The community Philly is. The people are funny. Mostly honest. Majority of us are not trying to "get away" with anything. What you see is what you get. Not too many large egos. And if I witnessed one, I would have to question their origin. Most likely a transplant. A wannabe.
That's the thing, we ain't tryin to "be" anything. We just "do".

Since this is my first blog. I want to set the theme. Philadelphia will be the topic more times then not. Not just the city. But the flavor, sporting events, people, shows, parties, charities, events, museums, yoga studios, djs, dive bars, gyms, food, or whatever. Experiences. Philly Experiences.

Add something, criticize, contribute or just read. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment