Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 3, 2009

race

ran my first race in 5 years today. i didnt do that well. but it is my first. so thats to be expected. it was a beautiful day. im running under a 10 minute mile. which is slow to most people. but good for me considering i have to run 2 miles in 20 minutes for the army.

down in the dumps. super low. then i met a woman.

we started chatting. 1st about the weather and how we wish it would stay. then on to much deeper and heavier shit.

she is a beautiful black woman. she told me she was 64. but doesnt look a day over 45. natural braids and perfect skin. shes an artist. plays the cello. 2 grown boys. living her life. not answering to anyone. doing what she loves.

she must have been able to sense my pain, even thru my smile and pleasantries. she went on to spit wisdom to me. her kind and gentle spirit was so soothing. all i kept thinking is, if there is a jesus, he lives in her.

she has this gift of making you feel like its going to be ok. and for the brief time in her presence, i believed it. she reminded me that "its always darkest before the dawn". she went thru dark times that no one would believe. and she was not willing to share. she assured me, thru chaos, comes calm. i dont even know her name.

she reminded me of many other life lessons that during these times, you somehow forget. this is one of those times, the kindness of a stranger impacted me. i will never forget her. i love her. and dont know her. i hope one day to be her.

if there is a god, i hope he sends more positive people my way. people who want nothing from me. people i can learn from. strive to be.

thanks to the universe for this small gift that had a huge impact. namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment