Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Checking in


Nothing exciting going on. Life is kind of boring. School is good. Boy is good. Weather is good. Relationship is good. Its all good. I started running for real and its all good. Was looking forward to my 1st Broad St run, but the Army is taking me away during the time of the race. That's not good. But I will be SGT after my 2 week training, so that's good. Even Steven.
No drama. Normal life is weird. I'm so not used to it. I have to tell myself this is how its supposed to be. But I feel "off". A lifetime of roller coaster rides, always spinning my wheels. Survival to the next day. Now I exist in complacency. Complacency gets you killed, they say in the Army.
I have been accused of being an adrenaline junkie in the past. The need for excitement was greater than my need for air. Is that all gone? Part of me hopes not. Part of me likes the calm, mature me. Can I find a balance?
The high I get from running mimics the high I would get from "fun". I don't miss drama. I never really liked it anyway. But crazy begets crazy. So, what did I expect? In bed at a decent time. Up at the crack of dawn every day. Homework, study, workout, army, household chores. No after hours, mad dating, late night bad decisions, rock star lifestyle a thing of the past. The girl who was the key to every velvet rope, and I couldn't tell you whats going on on any given night. That is an adjustment. Now when people ask me for guest lists or recommendations, it's actually work instead of a quick text. I am officially out of the loop. Oh well. On to the next.
Today a boy from my past gets engaged to the love of his life. I have known of the plan for a week now. Saw the ring. Helped with suggestions on how to do it. Invited to the surprise after party, and I am expecting to be asked to take an active role in the wedding. Sometimes when you see a couple, you know it will work out. I'm pulling for these two. They compliment each other. Their eyes light up when the speak of one another. They laugh together non stop. The enjoy being together. Look forward to just hanging out. You don't see this often. In my experience, people get hitched because it's the natural progression. They're doing it because they can't see a life without each other. Sweet. I will dance at their wedding and hope for a lifetime of happiness.
Until then, I'll try to be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment